We had nearly a month delay while the tractor was away for repairs to the front end loader... no way to drag logs over 100' up the ridge and out of the forest without it! A week without the chainsaw didn't help.
But we kept working on what we could and it finally started to come together! The peeling was back breaking, but we discovered that the goats LOVE pine bark when we had to set up an additional log lot in one of their pastures!
We also discovered that what might look like a straight tree while standing could turn out to be very different after felled and peeled! Then the challenge of making the logs 'fit' together came into play.. sometimes trying the same log on all 4 walls before finding a place for it...
It is good and encouraging to see the 'walls' begin to take shape though and we are grateful that we are still healthy and making progress!